Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) Customer
This example shows you how to:
- Create a customer
- Read a customer
- Update a customer
- Delete a customer
- You have downloaded or cloned the Sage Intacct SDK for Node.js examples.
- You successfully ran the getting started example—in particular, you set up the
credentials.inifile required by
- The user you are using has add, edit, delete, list, and view permissions for the customer object.
Run the example
Observe the terminal output.
Information is echoed for each customer API function executed:
Created inactive customer ID 10066 Updated customer ID 10066 to active Read customer ID 10066 Deleted customer ID 10066
Open the generated
logs/intacct.logfile in a text editor and review the entries.
The file provides info and debug entries. The SDK provides a debug entry for each HTTP request/response (with the Sage Intacct endpoint).
Note that the log file was created by the logger set in the client config.
Get a customer by name
ReadByNamefunction (instead of
let readByName = new IA.Functions.Common.ReadByName(); readByName.objectName = "CUSTOMER"; readByName.fields = [ "RECORDNO", "CUSTOMERID", "STATUS", ]; readByName.names = [ customerId, ]; const readByNameResponse = await client.execute(readByName); console.log("Read customer ID " + customerId + " using ReadByName");
Try a different object
- Try a different object’s CRUD functions from the
- Try an example that implements the
IFunctioninterface for use with a custom object.
- Browse the reference documentation for the SDK.